I love to make my own home-made cranberry relish for the holidays. This recipe for Cranberry Relish with Walnuts—featuring dried cranberries, red wine, oranges, parsley, and walnuts—is super easy. I adapted it from a recipe from California Walnuts, which I demonstrated on the Hallmark TV Channel Home & Family Show for the holidays a few years ago. It was really fun shooting this TV segment for the Hallmark TV Channel Holiday show on the Universal Studios lot.
The great thing about this vegan, gluten-free recipe for cranberry relish is that you can find the ingredients quite easily in many supermarkets. It only has 7 ingredients (many of which you probably have in your pantry now), and takes about 25 minutes to make. I really love to make cranberry relish out of fresh cranberries, but you may not be able to find them all the time. And this dried cranberry relish recipe features the flavors of red wine, sunny citrus, and crunchy walnuts. This Cranberry Relish with Walnuts recipe is great served alongside classic comfort food recipes like my Lentil Patties, Savory Mushroom Loaf, and Stuffed Squash.
You can watch the episode from The Hallmark Channel here.
This Cranberry Relish with Walnuts is super easy to make and it’s so delicious served with savory dishes and sides. It’s the perfect accompaniment for the holiday season, too.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Place walnuts in a small baking dish and toast for 8-10 minutes, until crunch and slightly golden. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Meanwhile, pour red wine in a small pot.
- Add cranberries and heat over low, until begins to simmer.
- Zest the outer surface of the orange and add to the pot. Peel the orange, and chop it into small pieces, reserving any juices. Add chopped orange and reserved juice to the pot.
- Add agave syrup and black pepper. Stir well, cover, and simmer on low heat for about 15 minutes, stirring frequently, until liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in fresh parsley and toasted walnuts and serve immediately.
- Makes 8 servings (about 1/4 cup each).
- Prep Time: 8 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cranberry relish, cranberry orange relish, cranberry relish recipe
Serve this recipe with some of my favorite plant-based holiday dishes, including:
Rosemary Cranberry Cornbread Stuffing
Golden Beet Veggie Balls with Almond Sage Cranberry Crema
Savory Tarragon Mushroom Loaf with Onion Gravy
Instant Pot Vegan Mashed Potatoes
Vegan Pot Pie with Sage, Lentils and Mushrooms
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information click here.